Saturday, May 9, 2009

Is it hard for hamsters to give birth like it is for guinea pigs?

Today I'm buying 2 hamsters (boy %26 a girl) and I want to breed them after I get them (Not right away but, about a month or two). I wanted to do this with guinea pigs but, I read it is extremely hard for them to give birth. I wanted to know if it is the same way with hamsters?
I've had a hamster of mine have 9 babies but, I didn't even know she was pregnant (I had just bought her 7 days before she had her babies) and she lived %26 was fine. But, I didn't know if she just got lucky.
But, is it hard for hamsters to give birth liek guinea pigs?
Answers:
I don't think it is hard. We got a hamster from the pet store that was said to have been left at the back entrance. We brought it home and the next day there were babies in the cage. We didn't even know that it was pregnant. Be warned though that mother hamsters are very likely to eat their first litter. Also,if you make any contact with the babies she may reject them since they will have human scent after being handled by humans

No comments:

Post a Comment