Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is my hamster deaf?

My Russian Dwarf hamster, Knurla(nure-la) doesn't seem to respond to sound. I got her at the Humane Society I vollenteer for when she was about 4 weeks old. I don't think any of her sibs are deaf. PLEASE HELP!!
Answers:
hopefully she isn't. try to make some type of sharp noise to see if she can respond to it. or how about taking her wheel out and spinning it somewhere near her (make sure she isn't looking at it) to see if she hears it and wants it. i looked it up at yahoo and it said that deaf hamsters are nervous and jumpy. also, you may have a vet check her.
Hamsters quite often don't respond to loud noises because they don't have very good hearing so i don't think he is deaf.
hamsters will only react to high pitches,so she is not exactly deaf if her ears move when she heard a high-pitched sound like a squeak from a fellow hamster

No comments:

Post a Comment