Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is my hamster going to be okay?

I was moving from one room to another and while I was walking I accidentally kicked something (not with too much force though) soft. I looked down and it was my hamster, out on one of his nightly adventures. I immediately then picked him up and put him back in his enclosure. He seemed to act normally and I even fed him some sunflower seeds, and he ate them with gusto as its a treat he adores. Is he going to be fine...?
Kinda worried...I think I kicked his side, but im really not sure...
Help..!
Answers:
Your hamster is going to be fine. I am the owner of two hamsters and one of mine of fell from my hands to the tiles on the floor, the poor thing. He squeaked and lay still for a moment. I picked him up and put him back into his cage. He came around looking dazed for a few minutes, but then just went back to his old normal self. I took him to the vets as a precaution the following day and he was fine.
He sounds as if he endured no injury at all. If you wish to bring him to a vets for peace of mind, then do so.
I am 100% convinced that he will be fine!
if he is eating and drinking, i wouldn't worry too much about him
You shouldn't worry that much. My brother nearly stepped on mine and i found it perfectly normal the next few days. Unless it acts weirdly, i dont think you should worry.
if he eats, thats a good sign.. watch to see if he limps or favors one side.. if he does. take him to the vet.
Sounds like he's going to be fine. He may need a day or two to get over anything, though. Keep an eye on him. And please, do not let your hamster roam free at night. He must be supervised! He could end up stuck in something or chew an electrical wire--or get stepped on. I think you've got the idea, especially when you think you may have kicked him Just be careful. You can't "hamster-proof" your living quarters. They're better off in one of those plastic hamster balls that you see in the pet shops, if you must have him out of his enclosure. Wiremesh wheels are excellent for inside their enclosures. You should look into that, just to be safe and to keep your little guy safe. It is better to err on the side of caution. Be careful--and enjoy your little guy.
I Think He Will Be Okay.. If He's Eating And Drinking Well.
Well, it seems to me he okay:)
If he is still pretty active, moving normally, eating and drinking he should be good. If you are pretty worried about him/her take them to a vet. He should be just fine. My hamster jumps off my shelves:) As long as he does normal things:) Hope he is ok!
Hannah
I think he'll be just fine. my hamsters have escapes from it's cage and they jumped off the desk the cage was on. they were perfectly fine. i think your hamsters okay if he's acting normal and eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment