Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is My Rat In Heat?

I have 2 female rats; One's always been pretty anti-social {Moo} %26 the other very friendly {Oreo}. Earlier this morning I noticed Moo sniffing Oreo's hind-quarters, chasing her around the cage, %26 humping her. Both are around 6 months old, %26 this is not the first time I've noticed this behavior .. It's the first time it's happened the most.
Thank You.
:)
Answers:
Yes they probably are. Rats go into heat every 4-5 days. Only for a few hours though. One thing rats that are in heat do is if you pet them on their back they'll viberate and arch their back. I have 2 female rats too one named Oreo and one named Cookie. That pretty cute. Hey if you every have any questions or just wanna talk email me at arab_luver_101@yahoo.com
Could be... heehee
H.O.T. Dog
Handler Owner Trainer of GSD's
Member U.S.A %26 A.W.D.F
i think ther just playing around. if there in heat they try to find males and if they cant they hold it in. or ther lesbian
lol.that is normal but ya i would have to say.my gerbils (3 males) do the same thing and many ppl dont no why but my 4 male rats dont do that but my females did alot.dont break them up because they seem to really like each other lol
i don't think so there r 2 girls.
usually same sex humping is a way of establishing dominance. if this behavior seriously bothers you get them spayed. when your rat is in heat, the easiest way to tell is when you pet her rump she will arch her back ,wiggle her ears,or she may seem agitated when you touch her butt.she may also seem more hyper or grumpy.good luck!
It does sound like it.
Rats are always in heat. Females hump to show dominance.

No comments:

Post a Comment