Sunday, August 2, 2009

Is my panda bear hamster from a private breeder?

i just got her 4 days ago but i noticeing that she doesnt bite loves to be petted and held and is very easliy learning to use the potty in her cage.we bought her at petco and i no some breeders do give them to pet stores and the pet store never never never ever gets panda bear hamsters.i mean she is so sweet and give kisses when u pet her and everything i mean it's crazy but i think she is already tamed cause i have not found a hammy like her that acts like this without weeks of taming.is it possible because they are so rare around my area??
Answers:
You got lucky. Petco and PetSmart do NOT accept hamsters from private breeders. Some hamsters are more 'people-hamsters' than others. She can also probably tell that you love her and aren't going to hurt her :)
Also, remember that panda bear hamsters are just a color variation of a Syrian hamster.
It's a possibility. It's also possible you got a hamster with a very sweet disposition. This happens sometimes, even without private breeding or the animals being handled.
Some hamsters just take to people quicker than others do. It's possible that she was also held more in the store. Petco usually gets their hamsters from the same places and don't take from local breeders so I doubt it. I have seen some hamsters that were ready to be handled right at the store before while others need more time to get used to being handled. I remember one male when I was looking that walked up to me and straight into my hand. The one my husband chose took weeks to tame, but he was worth it. It all depends on the hamster and what they've been exposed to.
i bought my 3 hamsters at petsmart and they are sweet too, it's just getting a good one and treating it right, they are lovable animals, and I'm sure these petstores deal with decent breeders or companies, otherwise they wouldn't sell so many pets. good luck and have fun
Hey, I have got a teddy bear hamster just like you do he is a golden brown hamster called Ned and he was very tame when i got him he only bit when i was taking him out of the box that they put him in. And then after a couple of hours he was very calm and when i went to pick him up he didn't try to bite me or anything, he just walked from one palm of my hand to the other and he also took treats straight away from my hand. You can get some hamsters that are like that from pet shops because some hamsters are clam while others are very fast and aggressive to you.
Hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment