Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is ok to wash and give wet dandelions and clovers to a guinea pig?

yes me again asking about my guinea pig.
my guinea loves dandelions and clovers, but I always wash them. I heard that is not good for rabbits to give them wet clovers. what about guinea pigs?
Answers:
yeah it's perfectly ok. In the wild even bunnies eat wet greens. it is where they get most of their liquid from. you don't see bunnies lapping water from a stream do you? Guinea pigs are on of the best large rodents to have. Don't worry, the pigs natural instinct will tell him if its ok to eat.
If your Guinea Pig loves dandelions and clovers let him have them. Do you think he would worry about eating them wet if he was living in the wild? I don't think so. But check with your vet to be sure. You might be able to get an answer over the telephone on this one.
I would think this is fine! I've read that dandelion greens are a piggy favorite, though I can't recall if we've tried giving them to our boys or not. Wet or not, I think you're fine.
Yes, this is perfectly ok. Its good that you're washing them first.
Yes its fine. Good for you on giving them fresh greens. They also love the entire ear of corn. Often they like the husk and silk the best.
It's fine. My boys get a lot of their daily water from their veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment