Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is sudocrem harmful to mice?

my mouse has a tiny sore on the back of his ear. I have been putting a very small amount of sudocrem on it, applying very gently with a cotton bud. The skin is healing and looking much better but I'm just wondering if this could do him any harm? I always just put a real small bit on so don't think there's any danger of him getting some on his paws then eating it... I am taking him to the vets tomorrow anyway for a general check up, bless him, he's getting a bit old now, so I will ask them anyway but wondering if you can offer any advice?
Answers:
It's probably one of the safer things you can apply.
Check with a vet anyway, but I've always slathered sudocrem all over wounds on rabbits, I don't think it's toxic even to a mouse a long as a whole pot hasn't been consumed! I think you're safe.
Chalice
Yup it is very safe.as logn as the he cant reach it with her mouth it is fine.since it is looking much better then you did a great job and mad him nice and hammy and i am even glad he is looking better.now if u want to check call ur local vet and ask over the phone if it is safe and he/she will tell you.if it isnt i am pretty sure he/she will tell u to come in.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment