Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is the play pins that they sell in petstores good for a big hamster to just play in with me there of course??


Answers:
If you want a play pen which is alot cheaper then getting one from a pet store go to a baby shop. I have 2 guinea pigs and to make floor time easier I decided that I would invest in a play pen, after looking around I found that the cheapest way to go is to buy from a baby store. Baby stores predominatley have 3 different kinds of play pens:
1. The wooden ones - this are ok, you have to check that the wood is not harmful, I did not get this one because it was a square and took up to much space
2. The soft plastic convertible ones - you know the ones that switch from being a cot to a play pen, not really good, the plastic would have been to easily eaten
3. The hard plastic ones - There are different types of these, the one I brought was a hard plastic criss-cross rectangular pay pen, the fantastic thing about this type was that they came in like sections, so if you brought more sections you could change the shape and make it bigger etc.
Alternatively you can just use a room like a bathroom, something small with, safe and easy to catch sorta place.
The play pen that you are looking into looks good, you will want to check that bars are safe to chew and that it is stable because you wouldn't want it falling over!!
Good Luck!!
Yes, they are good as long as they are supervised, some hamster can climb over the fence.
I use one with my hamsters.
i dont think that is the right one but they do have pens that are better for your hamster,or you can build one like i did.

No comments:

Post a Comment