Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is there a problem with my rats?

Okay, well normally Brody and Dumbo are awake, running around in their cage, playign with eachother, and when they sleep it's ALWAYS in their little house. Now they sleep outside of their house, they're always sleeping and barely move. Brody, a fancy rat, loves when I put him on my desk while im on the computar because he loves running around behind things and nibbles my figners when I type, now all he does it sit and close his eyes, he sleeps all day %26 night basically, so does Dumbo. Dumbo ALWAYS sneezes, like 5-6 sneezes in a row, and Brody took the sneezing for a bit, but I haven't heard him sneeze in a while, I tried separating them but they got really upset. Brody's 4 months, and Dumbo is 2 months, is their something wrong? I can't go to the vet because my mom left for the Caribbean for a month, and the vet is about 40 min away, I don't have a car with me and i don't have money to pay for a treatment ... do you know whats wrong with them?
Answers:
hate to put this in but: If one of your rats appears to be unwell, a vet should be consulted as soon as possible. Although rats are hardy little creatures, they can go into decline very quickly, and by putting off seeing a vet you may be reducing their chances of survival. source:http://www.quite.co.uk/rats/#health%20pr...
take care of your babies i love rats
give them things to chew on or play with them all day
Sneezing might be a sign of an upper respiratory infection. What bedding do you have? Stay away from shavings. Carefresh or corncob is the best. You can try some multivitamin drops from the pet store to help boost their immune system, but if it is upper respiratory, they need antibiotics from the vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment