Monday, May 24, 2010

Is this a good cage for a teddy bear hamster?

If so can the hamster live in it until it dies or will a larger cage have to built?
http://www.petco.com/product/15483/super...
Answers:
Critter Trails with all those tubes are hard to clean, and no matter what type of wheel it has, it will squeak within a week of two.
The reason they are hard to clean is all those tubes are hard to disconnect, especially that long one that goes up too the lookout area. It is also easy to break the little connectors.
I have had my Criter Trail for only a week and I already wish I had bought a wire cage, as soon as I can afford a wire one I am switching. I do not want to dip into my hamsters emergency fund, he has $150 set aside but that is for vet purposes only.
You are better off getting a wire cage with multiple levels. Just make sure each platform is solid and not wires, since wires will hurt their little feet.
Yea, thats a good cage, it has a lot of places to climb and stuff, but It could be a little bigger.
When in doubt, ask someone who works in the pet store.
My daughter has the same cage for her teddie bear hamster in pink! This is a great cage and has worked really well! It comes apart easily to clean!
this is a good cage .you may have to buy a bigger one if they get to fat to go through the tube. this should work for the rest of its life .
that should be suitable but it will be a bugger to clean other then that its big enough
Honestly, i wouldnt get that cage. I had a tedy bear hamster, and those guys get to be pretty fat and big. it may be kind of tight for your hamster. My brother got that cage for his dwarf hamster and it was fine for him. the only thing is the wheel at the top makes a squeaky noise when the hamster runs on it, and since hamsters are nocturnal, youll prlly be hearing that sound all night. Oh and that cage is REALLLLYYYY hard to clean. Its not worth it, trust me
I work at petco and wouldn't recommend this cage. It is costlier than most and the little tubes and wheel are difficult to clean. I would suggest a traditional wire cage that pops off the plastic bottom. Much easier to clean, better air circulation, and you can add whatever accesories you'd like. Also wire cages are usually cheaper.
yes, i have the same one , but it is better if, over tiem you add extensions like mine
No.if your going to get a hamster geta regular medal cage, because the plastic ones do not last long because the hamster will chew on the plastic until there is nothing left, even if you do put chew toys in the cage! Get a metal cage definantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment