Monday, May 24, 2010

Is this bedding good and safe?

http://www.kaytee.com/products/search/?p...
i have a hamster
Answers:
it says its only wood chips so it should be fine, and it wont hurt him/her if (when) they decide to eat or chew on some of it.
yeh' it looks pretty plush and soft. it should be pretty safe.
It looks like it should be safe, the only way of really knowing is to just buy it--sometimes it depends on the hamster because some have allergies to different material more than others. Although I recommend a brand called Care fresh (I think that's what its called), very good brand, dust free, and comfy for your pet.
definately safe. Carefresh is another safe bedding but a bit more costly. Aspen is okay too. The only ones to really stay away from are cedar and pine shavings
As long it is not cedar or pine shavings you'll be good
I dont know what kaytee is, but if its cedar, dont use it. Cedar smells good, but hamsters dont like it. It will kill them because the scent of the cedar gets into their lungs, and they cant take it.
My best tip is to stay away from cedar and use critter care or carefresh. That stuff is the best pedding for them. They like it, and you can have a long living hamster.
yes, kaytee has very good quality bedding I have used it before, it is very very good. i totally recommend it :)
Good lUck :)
Sabby
As long as it is not pine and cedar, then it should be ok. But CareFresh is the best bedding I think there is. Aspen is ok too.
Hi I have 3 guinea pigs 2 rabbits and a hedgehog I had a Hamster but he pasted. I found that the only concern with soft and fluffy type bedding was it sometime gets stuck on their nail so I would just watch for that Whit my Hamster I used care fresh bedding and he seemed to like it
Anything without cedar and pine is fine
Yes it would be fine for your hamster!
I don't see why not...

No comments:

Post a Comment