Saturday, May 22, 2010

Is something wrong when your guinea pig acts more laid back?

My guinea pig is doing nothing but sleeping today.She may not be into a deep sleep but she lays in her corner and closes her eyes,but I know that she isn't dieing because when I take her out of her cage she is very active and when I rattle her food bag she starts popcorning and coo-ing.She got a good night sleep last night so I know she can't be sleepy.Does this mean anything?I really want to know!
Answers:
Oh boy...the person won a knowledge contest but can't even spell "vitamin" correctly? Geesh.
Guinea pigs can be lazy. They like to run around and play, eat, drink, and poop, and also sleep. They're similar to cats and dogs in that aspect - they'll go nuts one moment playing and horsing around, then they plop down and take a quick nap. I have four guinea pig boys who are champion nappers.
I'd say it's normal for her. If she stops eating, or shows disinterest in food, that's a warning sign. If you have a cooking scale (used to weigh meats, etc.), weigh her and keep an eye on her weight over the next few days. If her weight decreases significantly, that's a big sign something is wrong.
let him be
No it may mean nothing at all. She may just be really tierd is all I know sometimes even if I get a good nights sleep I can still be tierd the next day maybe the last few night she has not slept well at all and is catching up now. As long as she is eating like normal and active otherwise I would not be concernd at all. Just keep a good eye on her and see what happens. If she is still like this in a few days take her to see a vet and make sure nothing is wrong.
I'v raised guinea pigs for 10 years and I'm through a knowledge contest the person under 21 that knows the most about guinea pigs. One of the first things is that your guinea pig may not be getting enough vitamen C. You can feed your guinea pig carrots, parsley, or the best being GREEN BELLPEPPERS. It is also possible that your pig may be stressed or possibly pregnant.
I had a couple of GPs a couple of years ago and mine sometimes got bored and acted just like yours. I do miss the coo-ing and watching them popcorning so much. I think I am going to get some more TODAY
I agree with acanoffleas. It may be nothing at all. My boys can be champion nappers too. They have they highs and run and play hard, then they have low times when they sleep. As long as she is eating and drinking and alert when you play with her, sh'e fine. You may tempt her to play with a brown paper bag or cardboard coke carton in her cage. They may keep her interested and playing.
FYI, for the Rich Man, the "knowledge king" up there Red Bell peppers are much much higer in vitamin C than green peppers.
I have a Guinea Pig too. They are just naturally lazy.Mine does the same thing. But maybe she is just bored , so she wants to sleep. I don't think anything is wrong with her, other than she may be bored or just tired. That can actually be a good sign, if she is sleeping sound in your home then she is comfortable in your home. Hope I helped! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment