Monday, May 24, 2010

Is this a mouse? http://www.2and2.net/files/46bf426b9955c.jpg?

I live in germany, and out hiking I found this rodent. I thought it was dead, but then I poked it with a stick and it moved. I put on gloves and took it home with me, it barely moved the whole while. It's sunday and I can't get a hold of any vets or animal care places. I put it in an old cage with water and food (sunflower seeds, and a slice of apple) and it revived noticeably and started chowing down. Now I can see one of its hind legs is totally useless.
My main question though is, what the heck is this thing? A field mouse? I've never seen one that looks like this.
Answers:
It looks like a Dormouse. http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/im...
It seems it's leg is broken. If you can, bring it to a vet. Continue to bring it back to health, it should heal up. Then you can release it. Careful though, that rodent can be a carrier of rabies and other unpleasent diseases, so continue to handle it with thick gloves and wash your hands after care.
Wow, what an interesting find. I don't think that is a mouse, at least it doesn't look like any mouse I've ever seen. It looks like a cross between a gerbil/mouse/little squirrel. Well, wait till Monday (tomorrow) and go to the vet as soon as possible. Even better, contact a wildlife facility that can help you out. In the mean time, replace the food when it;s empty, make sure it has fresh water, and make sure it's comfortable. Sounds like your doing a great job.
No. Mice have bald tails. Maybe its some kind of shrew. You could look online for a website that shows local mammals.
Nope, that is not a mouse. I have no idea what it is- but is so cute!
Good luck.
yea it looks like a mouse
It's soo cute, but it's not a mouse. I've never seen anything like it. Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful. Anyway, keep up the good work!
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww its sooooo cute!! i dont think its a mouse but it looks rare ur soo lucky for fiding a cute . rodent sorry but i dont know wat it is
I honestly don't know what it is. It does remind me of a Sugar glider though. It might be a baby Sugar Glider.....
Sugar Glider- http://images.google.com/images?hl=en%26amp;q=...
Good luck with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment