Monday, May 24, 2010

Is there something wrong with my guinea pig?

I've had Leo for a while now and he's super hyperactive at some times of day and not at others. For a while he was really scratching himself to the point that he would have sores, but me being a naive owner thought it was dry skin so I did everything I could for him. Thinking back on it now, it could have been mites. Now he's running around and he will jump and sorta twitch after he itches himself, almost like he's having a seizure. Is that popcorning? He keeps sweaking really really loud too, in a yelling sorta tone, no a talking one. Should I take him to the vet? What can I do to help him?
Answers:
Ok, first of all, the twitching is popcorning, mine do that a lot. And the loud yelling is telling you that he is hungry. Even if you have fed him, some still make that sound. It's called wheeking. You should probably take him to the vet, just to be safe.
Well your piggy is probably popcorning but
if you feel more comfortable you could call
or take your piggy to the vet! But it is most
likely fine! good luck!!
~Hope I helped!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment