Monday, May 24, 2010

IS this cage OK?

please look at this link first otherwise u won't be able to answer the question
http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/produ...
ok. i am gonna ask my parents soon if i can have two guinea pigs. i found this cage and like it since it is attractive and seems ok. is it big enough? and does it look like a good choice?
sensible comments welcome
Answers:
I answered your other post under the same title as well, but I'll add to it a little here.
Even though the "jumbo" has roughly 8 sq.ft., it appears that the bottom of the pan angles inward on the sides so that the pan the pigs would sit in is not the same size as the cage itself (the bottom of the pan is smaller than the sides of the pan). Thus its not actually 22 inches in width--its less. Look at the picture again carefully.
You could get by with this cage, but once you put the pigs, their food dishes, %26 their two pigloos in there, there's no room left for running %26 popcorning! Not only that, but because the pan is not that deep, you'll have Carefresh or shavings all over your floor in no time. You need at least six inches of height on all four sides to keep bedding *inside* the cage. Trust me on this one.
Save yourself about $100 %26 make a C%26C cage. Your piggies will be so happy you did! http://www.guineapigcages.com/
Good luck!
the dr foster one is perfect for two guinnea pigs. i like that one alot :D good luck on your new pets
NOW THAT IS A DARN GOOD CHOICE. I love fosterandsmith and I shop there and buy dried papaya and cooking diets for my birds. I would get the foster and smith one. Remember,this is just a tip, guinea pigs need LOTS of vitamin C or they will die. Oranges, Grapefruit, Tangerines, Papaya, Strawberries are great. Provide a salt wheel and Alfalfa and Timothy hay along with your pig's pellet foods.
That looks great!
I wish my guinea pig had that nice of a cage...
Just make sure to get two females.
Two males will fight...
And I think you already know what will happen if you put a male and a female together. =]
The medium or large one is the perfect size. It allows your guinea's enough room to run around etc.PERFECT!
The Dr.Foster medium or large would be perfect for two pigs.
If you get two babies of the same sex and they are kept together from birth they should be fine together.
I own a pet store and care sheets are free on my site.
http://www.artsaquaticsandanimals.co.uk...
I think that the one on the Dr. Foster's one is ok. Remember that the bigger the cage the better for the animal. Have you tried Martinscages?
http://www.martinscages.com/products/cag...
Here is a link to all of the G.Pig cages. But remember that you should not let your pig walk on wire bottom cages. Also, G.Pigs need more side to side room and ramps, than height.
I have rats, and will only buy their cages. Great quality, and hold up well too!
Oh, yea... have you checked out this website?
http://www.guineapigcages.com/
there's some info on making your own cage there.
the large or jumbo of the cages on the website should be okay for now just make sure the bottom of the cage is flat no wire mesh that could hurt their little feet! But as they grow older they might need a larger cage.
I'd say they are too small. For 2 piggies, you need 10.5 sq feet, you could get by with 7.5 sq feet (for docile females). http://guineapigcages.com/ will give you all you need to know to make a great, large cages for very, very cheap! I love building them b/c I can design them to look anyway I want!
i'd say the small or medium
not the jumbo
jumbo is too big
That cage seems and looks perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment