Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is it okay to feed my hamsters mayonaise?

I was greasing my hamster's wheel with mayo. (long story, don't ask) and I noticed that they started licking it.
Answers:
Never heard of that, but it isn't in their usual diet. A better way to grease their wheel is with virgin olive oil. That is a good thing for their diet and it works better to keep the noise down.
uh, i doubt it..they need all natural ingredients..
i dont know, i wouldnt recommend letting that mayonaise sit in the cage at room temp though, it will probably go bad and cause your hamster to get sick...as far as him eating it though...my last one ate ham and lived to be 5!
Compared to your body weight, would it be o.k. for you to eat an entire jar of mayo in one lick??
Uh. . . . .
NO!
it probably won't hurt it that small amount but i would stay away from that kind of menu its bad for their digestion. they eat vegetation and seeds. anything with a high quantity of fat of oil is bad for them. you could get a book at the pet store on raising your hamster. it would probably cost a few $, if you don't want to do that go to your public library or even on your computer and research hamsters. they will be very informative.
I would grease the wheel with butter not mayo.mayo spoils
I am not sure if it is ok for the Hamster to eat Mayo or not as soon as you put it on, but....
Mayonaise is one of those types of food that go bad really fast. It can mold an smell bad in a short period of time. I would hate for your little guy to get food poisoning.
I would reccomend some extra virgin Olive Oil. It is good for their system and will not go bad.
if you want him to get fat then ya
If you want him/her to be sick, yes.
probably not... i would stop with the mayo. i hope i helped.
please pick me best answer =D
no I wouldn't it's too fatty, you can grease the wheel with veg oil.
hmm..im actually not sure on this but i wouldnt feed it to my hamster if i had one..but why dont u try asking a pet doctor they would tell u wats okay to feed ur pet and wat would harm ur pet

No comments:

Post a Comment