Friday, July 31, 2009

Is my gerbil ok?

Just when i thought everything was going to be ok everything went wrong! I told my brother to watch out for my gerbil while i go clean my room for about 10 to 15 min. Out of nowhere my brother yelled and i ran down as fast as i could and saw my gerbil biting ferociously on a fake mouse my brother had put in the cage! I took it out immediately and my gerbil went along with it. He fell on the floor and thank goodness he was ok. Until i realized he had a bloody nose! He has had this problem already about the bloody nose but it went away. Now its back again. I yelled at my brother and never let him near it again. I will bring it to the vet asap but is his nose ok. If i new i wouldnt have let my brother take care of it. Poor gerbil i didnt mean to hurt him. Somebody please help me.. him.
Answers:
Because these animals are very small, even a little bit of blood loss can be a big deal. If the gerbil continues being active, it is most likelty going to be and is currently ok. Wouldn't be a bad idea to have the vet check it anyway, just to ensure there is no persistent bleeding. I wish you all the best and hope your gerbil is ok.
Oh!Im so sorry okay well i know how you feel my hamster Twix who died and i was heartbroken.broke her leg coz i dropped her by accident(but thats not why she died) so your gerbil should be okay because when i was picking out my hamster Swirlie another hamster i was holding jumped out of my lap not to far from the ground maybe an inch from the ground jumped out and her nose began to bleed and they took her to the PetSmart vet place...so it should be okay but if worse comes to worse take it up to PetSmart or Petco...I really hope this helps!I know you feel bad but you didnt mean to...hope Gerbil buddy is ok!
email me anytime!
----Megan
I may not have a gerbil, but I have a Genia pig and I was trying to put him in his cage %26 his door was closed %26 he jumped! he lost all of his front teeth and hurt his eye, BUT he is FINE!! His teeth grew back and his eye is doing better. I felt ssssooooo bad after that accident I cried. So don't feel so bad, things like this happen. Your gerbil will still love you!!
I have heard and read in different places that a gerbils boogers are read, maybe it was just boogers. But he could have been really bleeding, I don't know...
In first grade we had 2 pet gerbils I remember one had a bloody nose, I don't remember what happened though, I hope your gerbil is ok!
my gerbil had a bloody nose once so i took it to the vet and it turned out it had a cold

No comments:

Post a Comment