Friday, July 31, 2009

Is it true that rats can get a disease from mice?

I own several pet rats and there are wild mice running around in my house i am slowly getting rid of them using live traps but I heard rats can get diseases from mice is this true?
Answers:
Usually the disease transmission is from rats to mice, but it is possible, especially if they are wild mice. There are not too many airborne diseases, but if they were to get into your rats' cages it might be a problem.
I would suggest catching them humanely and selling them (even for feeders) rather than killing them.
yes every rodent can get diseases and bacteria from mice but u can catch the mice and sell them for about $1.75 so u make money instead of spending it on mice traps best of luck
I hope you're not using those evil neck breaking traps. Mice are clean critters. Viruses indeed, never heard such tom foolery!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment