Friday, July 31, 2009

Is my guinea pig pregnant?

hi, my piggy wont let me pick her up recently and she is putting on weight very quickly, could she be pregnant
Answers:
Sorry, but your guinea pig MIGHT NOT die giving birth!
I had two sows that have birth at 2 1/2 yrs old.
Carefully hold her on your lap and feel around for ''Bumps''.
Check this out - Theres experienced people on there that can help you www.guineapigforum.eamped.com :)
Is she a new piggy? When mine was new she acted that way and put on weight rapidly. But, as it turns out, she wasn't pregnant. If she isn't new, has she had any unsupervised contact with male piggies? If she has then it is a possibility she could be pregnant.
Hope I helped! Good luck!! :D
my guinea pig was acting like that and was gaining wait quickly and it turned out she was pregnant =)
i only have a dog and shes just heavy
I'm sorry but if your piggy is pregnant here is whats going to happen...
Your piggies pelvic bones have already closed when it comes time for your piggy to give birth she will die. Because
the age guinea pigs stop giving birth is 6-8 months old so if
your piggy is past that age this spells D-O-O-M for her!
sorry bout' the news!

~Hope I helped
when my brother got his from the store it was pregnant...it had four babies!!
It's an advanced age for a pregnancy, but she could be okay. Monitor her carefully and be prepared for an emergency vet visit if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment