Friday, July 31, 2009

Is my hammy pregnant?

All she does is sit, and drink/eat and sleep! She has been getting alot fatter, but I never really thought that she would be having babies since I never paired her up with a male! Whenever I go to pick her up she hisses, and when she actually let me pet her belly, i felt something... is she pregnant?
Answers:
She might be but if she hasn't been with a male then i don't know. If she is it is best to be prepared. If she has the babies do NOT disturbe her or go near the babies or she will eat them. ( they do that if they think you will hurt thebabies) my brothers hamster had babies. Do some research.
Be carefull if she has babies!!!!!
Has she ever been with a male... ever? If so, then maybe.
No, just lazy.
She could be.
Although most likely she's just a typical hamster! Eating, sleeping and drinking...that's basically what many hamsters do. Especially at this time of year.
I had a hamster once that hissed when I picked him up. He was just temperamental. On the other hand I had a hamster that couldn't get enough of being handled and ate 'people' food and knew our voices and came out when we called.
You should really take your hamster to a vet. It might just be she hasn't had enough handling or is in pain?
Hamsters get tumours and things too you know. So it's worth checking out.

Good luck!
Did you just recently buy her from the pet store? She could have been with males at the pet store. My hamster had babies two weeks after I got her from the pet store. She didnt really show any signs of being pregnant. I found out because when I was cleaning her cage I lifted up her house and there were five pink bald things under there. If she hasnt been with any males for more than 2 to 4 weeks she is definitly not pregnant.
if you just got her from the pet store about 2 weeks ago, then she most likely is pregnant, because she could've been in the same cage as males if the pet store accidently mixed them up or doesn't segregate males and females. if you didn't get her about 2 weeks ago, then she could be just getting fatter. but i think shes pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. my was pregnant and just had babies.if it starts to bite you when triing to get out than maybe its pregnant

    ReplyDelete