Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is it to late to breed my gerbils?

I own two gerbils who live in seperate cages. One is a female, and the other is a male. The female is two years old, and the male is one year old. Is it to late to breed them? If not, How should I introduce them? I plan to keep the babies if no one wants them.
Answers:
It should be okay.
My gerbils accidentally had babies when my female was about 2 1/2 to 3 years old. My male was 2 years old.
We thought they were both male, so they lived together and were okay with eachother their entire lives.
They had babies, and I took the male out to live in a different cage while while the babies grew up. I brought the gerbils to the pet store and they bought them from me. I kept two female babies, and my brother kept the male and a male baby.
They had 6 babies. One died when it was around a month old.
Don't breed.
~ You refuse to read rude comments? How would you know they are rude if you don't read them? And you can't ask us a question, and get mad at our replies.
So you my friend, Fail.
don't breed gerbils they eat their babies had a bad eperience
if there not about to die they can but dont expect alot of babbys themom will eat half of them half of that will mostlikely die
Your female is too old for having babies. Gerbil female shouldn't have babies when she is over ine year old, because she might have problems with delivery. Males are fertile for all their life and there isn't problem to breed them in any age. If you want babies, just introduce a young female to your male.
sorry this isnt a answer ya you can breed w/e you want but try not to get mad when people post like that it just words they cant hurt u only you own word can hurt you that what obi wan said or yoda w/e
It's not too late for the male (any age), but it's well past the female's time.
Here is more detailed information:
http://www.gerbilbreeding.com/index.htm...
http://members.nanc.com/~mhaines/gerbil.
http://www.agsgerbils.org/gerbil_care_ha...
Edit: The two below me, just because it might be possible, doesn't mean it's safe. There are risks at that age...it's really no different than older women having children. In fact, pregnancy by a woman 35 or older is considered high risk. Maternal age does matter.
Yea i know people always told me not to do stuff that i wanted to and to be honest with you i think that i would be fine to breed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment