Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Is it ok to leave my two Syrian hamsters at home alone for 6 days?

im going on vacation for 6 days. is it ok to leave them at home? will they be ok. my mom says they will be fine. but im not to sure.
Answers:
Small rodents like hamsters can die suddenly with no symptoms. You should really get a person to drop in daily to see if he is alive and give it fresh water. Don't leave them at home that long by themselves.
I don't recommend it. They may be "fine," as your mother says, but unexpected issues may arise while they're unattended.
I suggest leaving the hamsters at a friend or neighbor's house. You can stock their cage with enough food and bedding for the duration of your absence so your caretaker won't have to do much of anything. All he'll be in charge of is making sure they're alive and still in their cages. You can even equip the cages with multiple water bottles as back-up if they tend to drink a lot.
i leave my hamsters home alone all the time. i just make sure they have plenty of cheese and can get out to go to the bathroom if they need to. my hamsters are smart. check out my video
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1NfMV...
No they won't! Your hamster needs FRESH water and food! I would get a petsitter and have the petsitter take care of your hamster! Or you can have a neibor or a friend who you trust to take care of your hamster! I really really wouldn't leave your hamsters alone or you might find your hamsters dead when you get home! Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. I suggest leaving the hamsters at a friend or neighbor's house. You can stock their cage with enough food and bedding for the duration of your ... shamstercage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete