Thursday, July 30, 2009

Is it okay to have a fan on at night with my guniea pig?

I have recently purchsed a guniea pig, she is lovely, :]. Although i got her at a pet store two weeks ago, and the poor thing has already over come an eye infection, and now she just got her first shot of two today for mites. :[
ANYWAYS, i wanted to know if it is bad to have a fan on in my room with her at night? its not directed at her, but i want it to help keep the nice cool air curculating. thanks so much :]
Answers:
I have a fan in the room that my Guinea lives in... she doesnt mind. It can get warm in her hutch. Its not completely open.
make sure she has a box with lots of bedding to hide in. They are shy babies.
yep
i think keeping the fan on will in no way affect your sweet little pig
I acutally keep my room fan on for my hamsters. My room gets so hot, and I don't know why.
I personally do not like fans, and much prefer a bottle filled with water that has been frozen. If you put the fan at the other end of the room and face it so that it is not in the direction of the cage, it should be OK.
Fans are a-ok, as long as they are not blowing directly at the cage.
Good luck with your new piggie, and good luck dealing with the mites and eye infection--it makes me sad to know that a pig is suffering, but I'm happy that she has a responsible owner caring for her! :)
i have a fan on in my room with my 4 piggies and they are fine. as long as she has a place to get away and hide then she should be ok.
Be careful that the fan in ot blowing directly at them. Drafts can be very dangerous for pigs.
as long as the fan isnt blowing directly at the cage, it should be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment