Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Is it ok to be taking my hamster's house when I want to see her...?

she is so boring and even at night she rarely comes out.
Answers:
Before, when I just got my hamster, I was afraid to pick him up or put my hand in his cage, because I thought he would bite me...
So I used to lift his ittle house too...
But then I realized, that wasn't really nice...Because he was inside his house, that meant he was sleeping, and by lifting it out, I woke hime up...So try to put yoursel in your hamster's shoes...figure of speech : )
But you can always try to get your hamster to come out by putting a nice treat in your hand ! A nice carrot would do the trick ! My hamster looooves carrots, he literally jumps on them !
Just make sure your carrot is well washed and isnt' coming straight from the fridge !
It probably won't hurt anything, she may just be shy.
Yeah, I think it is fine. I always did that to my hamster when she wouldn't come out and play. Just make sure you remember to put it back when you are done looking at her and playing with her.
if u just got ur hamster u shud give her time to warm up to u and her environment so u can take her out hold her in ur hands for like half hr and let her run around in her little ball thing lol she'll quickly get use to it =)
one time my sis made my hamster black out cause she scared the hell out of it by doing this really scared us all to
Aww dont be so crue.
Hamsters aint humans they have there own lil mind.
Leave it alone and let her/she sleep they sleep alot i have 2.
Enjoy the time you do have it dont last forever.
You can cause alot of stress if you keep waking him/her.
She will get Stressed dont be cruel
Do you want some one to move youre house?
Well, you know, that's just how she is. maybe if you gave her reason to come out, she would. you could offer her some toys, like a spinny wheel of a food bowl of toilet paper roll ( i know my gerbils loved to chew on those). You can take her house off, but please not for too long. Because that is her only hiding place, and she might get very scared and lost (?)
take care!
If you haven't had her for a while she's probably just shy or scared. That's how mine was. You just have to take her out and pet her, and feed her with your hand, so she gets used to you.
ok ok ok. its ok. it maybe shy a little bit but you dont know when your not around its reasearching its new environment.
wait for 1 week when its active after a week, im right.
if it is not active for many days ask a vet or maybe its stress.
it will decrease its trust to you if you take it
it will be more stress.
It's OK, as long as you do it quietly without waking it or do it when it is awake. I use to move and clean my hamsters' house often, and on hot days, I even remove its roof so that it gets some cool air. Hamsters are afraid of heat and loves to be cool (not cold), so make sure they stay cool. If you're afraid your hammie is bored, why not find it a mate?
No, it's definitely not good to be disturbing the hamster like that...like some others have said, if she's in her house like that it means she's sleeping or resting and so should be left alone. Constantly disturbing her rest will just make her unhappy and bad-tempered and even less likely to want to play, even when she's awake.
Unfortunately that's a "problem" with hamsters as pets - since they're nocturnal most of their active time is when we're asleep. It's just something you have to accept if you have a hamster.they can't be made to change their sleeping patterns to fit our lifestyles, and trying to do so can cause them stress, which will eventually damage their health and shorten their lifespan or make them more prone to disease.
Also, if she's an older hamster she will tend to sleep more too, just like other animals when they get older.
I know it's tempting to just wake her up when you want to play with her, but for her sake please try to wait until she wakes up on her own.it will be a happier experience for both of you.
Yes, its fine just don't do it so much in one day cause they need their sleep and they only sleep during the day and play at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment