Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Is it ok for my hamster to eat the Carefresh bedding stuff?

ive seen my hamster picking the little carefresh bits and biting them . is it ok and if not how to make him stop?
Answers:
Sure it's fine, but try putting in some other nice things-like bits of chewsticks 'specially made for rodents to chew on-bits of carrot or broccoli-bits of hard dog biscuit-or Grapenuts or another healthy crunchy cereal.
They need to chew constantly-as rodents those front teeth never stop growing-always offer something to chew.
Its OK. I think carefresh was made to make sure the bedding is edible.
He may not actually be eating them..
But I'm pretty sure carefresh is digestible..
Keep an eye on your pet, if he/she begins to look unhealthy, then change bedding.
Well, is it the colored kind? Does your hamster have a chew toy or stick in his cage? Your hamster might like the taste of the bedding. If he is chewing on it, and not eating it, then it should be fine. But, if your hamster is eating the bedding, then please change the bedding to the a different style (like, if it is color, then to like origanl Carefresh bedding!)! Also, I would recommend that you get a chew toy or stick at your local pet store, made for hamsters. That way, your hamster can get a treat, his teeth short, and he won't eat or nibble on the bedding anymore. But, if your hamster already has a stick in his cage, then I would recommend that you get another chew toy for him, since, he might not like it! I hope that this answers your question! Thanks, and good luck,
~ Future Vet
If it is the kind without dye, it is fine. I had some baby hamsters who ate some, and they were just fine.
dont worry its edible!

2 comments:

  1. im 12 my hampsters 5 weeks old and hes eating a large amount of it like a half a pack of it??? my nan annd grandad said it shouldnt eat loads of it... it scared me!!! so itds ok to eat iT?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT IS NOT FINE OR EDIBLE!!! I just spent $1400 on my ferret for a bowl obstruction due to CareFresh!!!

    ReplyDelete