Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Is it normal for my gerbil to lay on it's side?

It just started it today. Laying on it's side, I had never seen it do it b4 and my hamster I had 3 years ago never did that, is it normal? He also hasn't been drinking much for a few days(as in my other question).
Answers:
gerbils sleep some times weirdly so it is fine do not worry I have one that lies on its back and i always think its dead
I would get it to a vet really soon. We had a guinea Pig and she laid on her side...and sadly Died later that night. As for not drinking that should have been a sign. But As being an animal lover a vet would be your best choice in saving your pet
are you sure its a he? my gerbil lay on its side a lot the last 3 days of pregnancy. they roll up in a ball on their side. if it lies on its side without curling up then that is a bit abnormal

No comments:

Post a Comment